Thursday, February 21, 2019

Socratic Seminar- Who is the goat?

Over the last 3 weeks in my Humanities class called Forbidden Books, we have been studying about
Socrates and his struggles. Socrates was a classical Greek philosopher that is credited as one of the founders of Western philosophy, He basically went against societies norms and questioned everything. He questioned their Gods, leaders, and also who is actually smart. Basically in this Action Project we were given a option to pick any topic to create a Socratic seminar about. We had to give facts, important details, and make sure in the end someones opinion changed. My group decided to make one based on who is the Greatest of all time NBA player. Anyway heres our video enjoy.


From this project I have learned how to communicate effectively with my classmates and create a conversation while providing evidence to back up what I say. I have learned to question the unquestionable and question the things that people wouldn't dare to. Its OK to be different and think different, all things sometimes are meant to be changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot for the Stars..... Not So Fast!

During my second unit of my STEAM course, Frontiers, we've explored the skies and beyond. We have been looking into space like a book wi...