Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Effects Of The Past Living On Today

For the last unit of our class policy, we looked at how policy is created and who enforces it. In this course, we look at the judicial branch and learned about the history of the Supreme Court. I learned that the judicial branch is very powerful and important to upholdings things in the constitution. The judicial branch can make decisions that can create and overturn govern policies. There are nine justices and they are appealed by the president. They also don't have terms like politicians they can serve a lifetime or leave their first day. For this Action Project, we were encouraged to pick a Supreme Court case and compare the legal rulings that affect society today. I choose the Dred Scott vs Sandford case. It's very interesting but difficult to understand the ruling. Many people disagree with this and ultimately lead to the American Civil War. Here's my slide show below enjoy.


This Action Project was honestly fun because I got to imagine traveling back into time. This project opened my eyes as I learned so much from one person's experience and their journey to freedom. I wish I could present a video about this because it's an important role in history and affects us all right now. Especially as riots and protest breakout because of police killings. As of time right now in America, there's a call for a revolution and were living in history right now. Hopefully we dont repeat it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Shoot for the Stars..... Not So Fast!

During my second unit of my STEAM course, Frontiers, we've explored the skies and beyond. We have been looking into space like a book wi...